The Antebellum Crisis and America's First Bohemians / Mark A. Lause.
- Kent, Ohio : Kent State University Press 2009
1 online resource (192 p.)
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Description based on print version record.
- The King of Bohemia: Henry Clapp, American cosmopolite -- A scandal in Bohemia: free love and the antebellum American culture wars -- Utopia on Broadway: Charles Pfaff's saloon and the power of the pen -- Liberty and coercion: red republicans, black republicans, and the republic of letters -- Representing alienation: the republican civilization and its discontents -- Conclusion: iconoclasts in iconic times.
- Social movements in literature.
- Social movements in art.
- Arts and society United States History 19th century.
- Bohemianism New York (State) New York History 19th century.
- New York (N.Y.) Social conditions 19th century.
- New York (N.Y.) Intellectual life 19th century.
- New York (N.Y.) History 1775-1865.
- Other format: ; ISBN: 1-60635-033-1
- Electronic books.
Holdings information at Swansea University Libraries
Live circulation data is not available.
Link to external resource:
More details about: Swansea University Libraries