The antebellum crisis & America's first bohemians / Mark A. Lause.
- Antebellum crisis and America's first bohemians
- Kent, Ohio : Kent State University Press 2009
1 online resource (192 pages) : illustrations.
- 9781612775111 (e-book)
- Available to members of the University of Reading only.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 163-173) and index.
- Description based on print version record.
- The King of Bohemia: Henry Clapp, American cosmopolite -- A scandal in Bohemia: free love and the antebellum American culture wars -- Utopia on Broadway: Charles Pfaff's saloon and the power of the pen -- Liberty and coercion: red republicans, black republicans, and the republic of letters -- Representing alienation: the republican civilization and its discontents -- Conclusion: iconoclasts in iconic times.
- Arts and society United States History 19th century.
- Bohemianism New York (State) New York History 19th century.
- Social movements in art.
- Social movements in literature.
- New York (N.Y.) History 1775-1865.
- New York (N.Y.) Intellectual life 19th century.
- New York (N.Y.) Social conditions 19th century.
- Electronic books
Holdings information at the University of Reading Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of Reading Library