Sir Walter Blackett, sundry papers regarding, many in his autograph / W.C.T.
- Blackett, Walter Sir 1707-1777.
- [Letters and papers relating to Sir Walter Blackett].
- [Northumberland , 1879]
- Contains papers relating primarily to Sir William Blackett (c.1657-1705) and Sir Walter Calverley Blackett (1707-1777), including: Charles Montagne's offer of a Commissionership of the Treasury to Sir William Blackett (1699) -- Copy of the letter of Sir John Fenwick to his wife on his arrest -- Endowment of hospital for six old men in Newcastle by Sir Walter Blackett 1755 -- List of Sir Walter Blackett' s ecclesiastical benefactors -- Single speech in House of Commons by Sir Walter Blackett 1770 -- Dinner given by Sir Walter Blackett at Hexham 1777 -- Coming of tapestry to Wallington 1755 -- Will and codicil of Sir Walter Blackett -- Letter from Rev. Robt. Thomlinson expressing his wish for a library to be created in St. Nicholas' Church, and other papers.
- Title supplied from cover.
- Manuscript list on cover lists a selection of papers.
- Scrapbook compiled by Sir Walter Calverley Trevelyan (1797-1879) and David Wooster.
- Scrapbook dates from 1879 but the items date back to the late seventeenth century.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|National Trust Libraries: Wallington||Binding: Scrapbook with insertions. For enquiries or access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org|