For the Reckord : a collection of three plays / by Barry Reckord ; edited by Yvonne Brewster, with contributions from Diana Athill [and others].
- Reckord, Barry [author]
- Plays. Selections
- London : Oberon Books 2010
- Flesh to a tiger Skyvers White witch.
- School violence Caribbean Area ; Drama.
- Schools Caribbean Area ; Drama.
- High school students Caribbean Area Psychology ; Drama.
- Teenagers Sexual behavior Caribbean Area ; Drama.
- High school students Caribbean Area Conduct of life ; Drama.
- Race relations ; Drama.
- High school students Conduct of life.
- High school students Psychology.
- Race relations.
- School violence.
- Teenagers Sexual behavior.
- Schools Drama.
- Caribbean Area ; Drama.
- Jamaica ; Drama.
- Caribbean Area.
- Brewster, Yvonne [editor]
- Plays - England - 2010.
- Publisher description http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1108/2011379763-d.html
- "Barry Reckford was among the first modern Caribbean playwrights to have work produced in England, in a period when black writing was being 'discovered' there, and yet his place in the history of bloack playwriting in the United Kingdom goes almost unrecognised. His first play Della (1953) under the title Flesh to a tiger was produced at the Royal Court in 1958. He wrote several more plays for the Royal Court in the late 1950s and early 1960s. His achievements in England laid a solid foundation for later emerging Caribbean playwrights such as Trinadian Mustafa Matura, Guayanese Michael Abbensetts and Jamaican Alfred Fagon in the 1970s, all of whom appreciated how well Reckord's work had paved their way forward. For the Reckord is an opportunity for the growing number of new playwrights, especially but not exclusively black, to read and learn from Reckord's work or simply enjoy the sophistication and insight of his delivery, characterisation, politics and plot"--Publisher's description, p.  of cover.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru: Contact the National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||PRINT 2011 MA 15810|
|Victoria and Albert Museum libraries||Publisher description Online location|
|Victoria and Albert Museum libraries: Blythe House Archive & Study Room: Theatre & Performance Collection||PLAYS REC|