- Encyclopaedia of Islam.
- The Encyclopaedia of Islam.
- First encyclopaedia of Islam, 1913-1936.
- Leiden : Brill 1993
- Reprint of the first edition published in Leiden, 1913-36.
- Includes bibliographies.
- Photomechanical reprint of The encyclopaedia of Islam: 1st ed.
- Quick Ref. Collection.
- The Encyclopaedia of Islam First Edition Online (EI1) was originally published in print between 1913 and 1936. The demand for an encyclopaedic work on Islam was created by the increasing (colonial) interest in Muslims and Islamic cultures during the nineteenth century. The scope of the Encyclopedia of Islam First Edition is philology, history, theology and law until early 20th century. Such famous scholars as Houtsma, Wensinck, Gibb, Snouck Hurgronje, and Lévi-Provençal were involved in this scholarly endeavor. The Encyclopedia of Islam First Edition offers access to 9,000 articles.