The politics of India since independence / Paul R. Brass.
- Brass, Paul R. (Paul Richard) 1936- [author]
- Second edition.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press 1996
- Reprinted 1996. First published: 1994.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 368-386) and index.
- Introduction: Continuities and discontinuities between pre- and post-Independence India -- PART I: POLITICAL CHANGE: Introduction -- Political change, political structure, and the functioning of government -- Parties and politics -- State and local politics -- PART II: PLURALISM AND NATIONAL INTEGRATION: Introduction -- Language problems -- Crises of national unity: Punjab, the northeast, and Kashmir -- Communal, and caste conflict: secularism, Hindu nationalism, and the Indian state -- PART III: POLITICAL ECONOMY: Introduction -- Politics, economic development, and social change -- Political aspects of agricultural change -- Conclusion: Problems and prospects.
Holdings information at the University of St Andrews Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
More details about: University of St Andrews Library