Forgery and counterforgery : the use of literary deceit in early Christian polemics / Bart D. Ehrman.
- New York : Oxford University Press , ©2013
- 9780199928033 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- 0199928037 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -574) and indexes.
- Forgers, critics, and deceived deceivers -- Terms and taxonomies -- Forgery in antiquity : aspects of the broader phenomenon -- Forgery in antiquity : motives, techniques, intentions, justifications, and criteria of detection -- Introduction to forgery and counterforgery in early Christian polemics -- Early Pauline forgeries dealing with eschatology -- Later forgeries dealing with eschatology -- Forgeries in support of Paul and his authority -- Forgeries in opposition to Paul and his message -- Anti-Jewish forgeries -- Forgeries involving church organization and leadership -- Forgeries involving debates over the flesh -- Forgeries arising from later theological controversies -- Apologetic forgeries -- Lies and deception in the cause of truth.
Holdings information at the University of Edinburgh Libraries
Live circulation data is not available.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
|New College Library (STANDARD LOAN)||BR67 Ehr.|
More details about: University of Edinburgh Libraries