- 3rd ed.
- Malden, Mass. : Blackwell Pub. c2005
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Previous ed. : 1998 (both prev. eds. published by Churchill Livingstone)
- Print version record.
- Viral Hepatitis; Contents; Preface to the Third Edition; Contributors; Section I Introduction to Liver Biology; Chapter 1 Liver stem cells in persistent viral infection, liver regeneration and cancer; Chapter 2 Hepatic immunology; Section II Clinical Aspects of Viral Hepatitis; Chapter 3 Clinical features of hepatitis; Chapter 4 Diagnostic approach to viral hepatitis; Chapter 5 Evolution of hepatitis viruses; Section III Hepatitis A Virus; Chapter 6 Structure and molecular virology; Chapter 7 Epidemiology; Chapter 8 Natural history and experimental models; Chapter 9 Prevention
- Section IV Hepatitis B Virus and Other HepadnaviridaeChapter 10 Structure and molecular virology; Chapter 11 Epidemiology; Chapter 12 Avihepadnaviridae; Chapter 13 Woodchuck hepatitis virus; Chapter 14 Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) variants; Chapter 15 Molecular variations in the core promoter, precore and core regions of hepatitis B virus, and their clinical signi. cance; Chapter 16 Natural history of chronic hepatitis B and hepatocellular carcinoma; Chapter 17 Hepatocellular carcinoma: molecular aspects in hepatitis B; Chapter 18 Murine models and hepatitis B virus infection
- Chapter 19 Pathogenesis of chronic hepatitis BChapter 20 Treatment of chronic hepatitis B; Chapter 21 Management of drug-resistant mutants; Chapter 22 Liver transplantation in the management of chronic viral hepatitis; Chapter 23 Prevention; Section V Hepatitis C Virus; Chapter 24 Structure and molecular virology; Chapter 25 Epidemiology; Chapter 26 The immune response to hepatitis C virus in acute and chronic infection; Chapter 27 Natural history and experimental models; Chapter 28 Autoimmune disorders; Chapter 29 Central nervous system complications; Chapter 30 In vitro replication models
- Chapter 31 Progression of . brosisChapter 32 The natural history of hepatitis C and hepatocellular carcinoma; Chapter 33 Treatment of chronic hepatitis C; Chapter 34 New drugs for the management of hepatitis C; Chapter 35 Prevention; Section VI Hepatitis D Virus; Chapter 36 Structure and molecular virology; Chapter 37 Epidemiology and natural history; Chapter 38 Treatment; Section VII Hepatitis E Virus; Chapter 39 Structure and molecular virology; Chapter 40 Hepatitis E as a zoonotic disease; Chapter 41 Epidemiology, clinical and pathologic features, diagnosis, and experimental models
- Chapter 42 PreventionSection VIII Clinical Aspects of Viral Liver Disease; Chapter 43 Aetiology of fulminant hepatitis; Chapter 44 Treatment of fulminant hepatitis; Chapter 45 Hepatitis and haemophilia; Chapter 46 Occupational aspects of hepatitis; Chapter 47 Neonatal and paediatric infection; Chapter 48 Management of hepatocellular cancer; Chapter 49 Application of molecular biology to the diagnosis of viral hepatitis; Chapter 50 Hepatitis in HIV-infected persons; Chapter 51 Treatment of extrahepatic diseases caused by hepatitis B and hepatitis C viruses
- Chapter 52 The histologist's role in the diagnosis and management of chronic hepatitis B and C
- Hepatitis, Viral.
- Hepatitis B.
- Hepatitis C.
- Liver Diseases.
- Hepatitis, Viral.
- Hepatitis viruses.
- Hepatitis, Viral, Human.
- Hepatitis Viruses.
- Hépatite virale.
- MEDICAL Hepatology.
- Hepatitis, Viral.
- Hepatitis, Viral, Human diagnosis [MESH]
- Hepatitis, Viral, Human therapy [MESH]
- Hepatitis Viruses [MESH]
- Viral Hepatitis Vaccines [MESH]
- Other format: ; ISBN: 1-4051-3005-9
- Electronic books.
- There has been an explosion of both the incidence and medical knowledge of viral hepatitis over the last two decades. Not only is the incidence of infection and disease increasing, but new hepatitis viruses have been discovered, as well as the launch of new pharmaceutical products. Previously published by Churchill Livingstone, Viral Hepatitis by Zuckerman & Thomas was the first comprehensive book on hepatitis and is recognized as the standard reference text in this field. The new third edition, now published by Blackwell Publishing, addresses the recent advan
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|British Library: Science, Technology and Business, St Pancras Reading Rooms||(B) 616.3623|
|British Library: Document Supply Services||m06/.20311|
|British Library||Online location||Table of contents|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Medical Library: Main Library||WC 536.31|
|Coventry University||Online location||Wiley eBooks|
|University of East Anglia Library: Main Library: Oversize shelves||RC848.H43 THO|
|University of Glasgow Library: University Library Level 5||Medicine qET6 2005-T|
|University of Glasgow Library: James Ireland Library||Medicine ET6 2005-T|
|Imperial College London Library: St Mary's Fleming Library: Main Library||WC536 VIR|
|Imperial College London Library: Central Library: Level 4||616.362 VIR|
|Keele University: LERC Library||RC848.H43|
|King's College London Library: New Hunt's House Information Services Centre||RC848.H43 VIR||Reference|
|King's College London Library: St. Thomas' Hospital Medical Library||RC848.H43 VIR||Reference|
|King's College London Library: Weston Education Centre||RC848.H43 VIR||Four week|
|University of Leicester Library: David Wilson Library, Floor 2 Yellow Zone||616.3623 VIR|
|University of Manchester Library||Online location|
|University of Manchester Library||Online location||Wiley ebooks|
|National Library of Scotland||Online location||Table of contents|
|National Library of Scotland||Online location||Contributor biographical information|
|National Library of Scotland||Online location||Publisher description|
|National Library of Scotland: General Reading Room, Edinburgh (stored offsite)||HB220.127.116.11|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru: Contact the National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||PRINT 2005MC12105|
|University of Oxford Libraries||Online location||Table of contents|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Radcliffe Science Library|
|University of Southampton Library||Online location||View online|
|University of Southampton Library: Internet||Internet|
|Trinity College Dublin Library: Santry Book Repository||HX-98-967|