Mate selection across cultures / editors, Raeann R. Hamon, Bron B. Ingoldsby.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. ; London : SAGE c2003
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Description based on print version record.
- Cover; Contents; Introduction; Acknowledgments; Part I: North America; 1 - The Mate Selection Process in the United States; Part II: The Caribbean and South America; 2 - "It's Better in the Bahamas"; 3 - Mate Selection Preferences and Practices in Ecuador and Latin America; 4 - Mate Selection in Trinidad and Tobago; Part III - Africa; 5 - Tradition and Change in Family and Marital Processes; 6 - Connecting Generations; Part IV: The Middle East; 7 - Love, Courtship, and Marriage From a Cross-Cultural Perspective; 8 - Couple Formation in Israeli Jewish Society; 9 - Marriage in Turkey
- 10 - Couple Formation Practices in Spain11 - The Development of Intimate Relationships in the Netherlands; Part VI: Asia; 12 - Mate Selection in Contemporary India; 13 - The Transition of Courtship, Mate Selection, and Marriage in China; 14 - Multiplicity of Paths to Couple Formation in Japan; Author Index; Subject Index; About the Editors; About the Contributors
- Electronic books.
- 'Mate Selection Across Cultures' provides a compilation of the diversity of couple formation experiences, with particular attention to those relationships that lead to marriage. It covers the processes, traditions and practices associated with couple formation in 14 countries around the world.
Holdings information at Open University Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: Open University Library