- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press 2006
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Cover; Half-title; Series-title; Title; Copyright; Contents; Contributors; CHAPTER 1 Introduction; CHAPTER 2 Phagocytosis: receptors and biology; CHAPTER 3 Receptor-initiated signal transduction during phagocytosis; CHAPTER 4 Life, death, and inflammation: manipulation of phagocyte function by Helicobacter pylori; CHAPTER 5 Phagocytosis of Streptococcus pneumoniae; CHAPTER 6 Yersinia inhibition of phagocytosis; CHAPTER 7 Listeria invasion and spread in non-professional phagocytes; CHAPTER 8 Mycobacterium tuberculosis: mechanisms of phagocytosis and intracellular survival; Index
- Other format: ; ISBN: 0-521-84569-6
- Electronic books.
- An overview of current knowledge regarding the mechanisms of phagocytosis and how specific pathogenic bacteria avoid or exploit these mechanisms. The receptors and signal transduction events involved are discussed, followed by examples of specific bacterial pathogens and the strategies they use in confronting professional phagocytes.
Holdings information at the University of Birmingham Libraries
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of Birmingham Libraries