A dictionary of chemistry / edited by John Daintith.
- Oxford dictionary of chemistry.
- Concise dictionary of chemistry.
- 5th ed.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press 2004
- First ed. published in 1985 as 'A concise dictionary of chemistry' in 1985.
- Previous ed. published in 2000.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface -- A-Z dictionary of chemistry -- Appendices -- The Greek Alphabet Fundamental constants -- SI Units -- The electromagnetic spectrum -- The periodic table -- The chemical elements.
- "Containing many new entries as well as biographies of key scientists, it covers all aspects of chemistry, including physical chemistry and biochemistry. There are over 4,300 entries, including approximately 100 entries to this new edition. The dictionary also includes single- or double-page feature articles on important topics, such as polymers and crystal defects. Chronologies chart the main discoveries in such fields as atomic theory, biochemistry, explosives, and plastics"--Publisher description.
Holdings information at the University of Liverpool Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
More details about: University of Liverpool Library