Boycott : stolen dreams of the 1980 Moscow Olympic Games / Tom Caraccioli and Jerry Caraccioli ; foreword by Vice President Walter F. Mondale.
- Stolen dreams of the 1980 Moscow Olympic Games
- [Washington, D.C.] [Chicago] : New Chapter Press ; Distributed by Independent Publishers Group [2008?]
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Cover; Copyright; Table of Contents; Foreword; Authors' Note; Acknowledgements; Introduction; Olympian; Don Paige; Glenn Mills; Afghanistan; Gwen Gardner; Gene Mills; Carter Doctrine; Craig Beardsley; Sue Walsh; "Ours Will Not Go"; Bill Hanzlik; Amy Koopman; The Vote; Isiah Thomas; Carol Blazejowski; The Lawsuit; Luci Collins; David Kimes; The Games Go On; Brian Gust; Lisa Buese; Results; Linda Cornelius Waltman; Thomas Schuler; Message To President Carter; Ron Galimore; Debbie Landreth; Epilogue; Appendix; Sources; Index
- Electronic books.
- With a thorough exploration of the political climate of the time and the Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan, this book describes the repercussions of Jimmy Carter's American boycott of the 1980 Olympic Games in Moscow. Despite missing the games they had trained relentlessly to compete in, many U.S. athletes went on to achieve remarkable successes in sports and overcame the bitter disappointment of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity dashed by geopolitics.
Holdings information at the University of Sheffield Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of Sheffield Library