- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University Press c2008
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Other format: Also available in print version.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Description based on title page of print version.
- The Princeton Companion to Mathematics
- Other format: ; ISBN: 0-691-11880-9
- Electronic books.
- This is a one-of-a-kind reference for anyone with a serious interest in mathematics. Edited by Timothy Gowers, a recipient of the Fields Medal, it presents nearly two hundred entries, written especially for this book by some of the world's leading mathematicians, that introduce basic mathematical tools and vocabulary; trace the development of modern mathematics; explain essential terms and concepts; examine core ideas in major areas of mathematics; describe the achievements of scores of famous mathematicians; explore the impact of mathematics on other disciplines such as biology, finance, a
Holdings information at the University of Nottingham Libraries
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
More details about: University of Nottingham Libraries