- Princeton, N.J. ; Woodstock : Princeton University Press c2007
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Published in conjunction with the 2007 Bard Music Festival.
- Description based on print version record.
- Of Worcester and London : an introduction / Byron Adams -- Measure of a man : catechizing Elgar's Catholic avatas / Charles Edward McGuire -- Elgar the escapist? / Matthew Riley -- Elgar and the persistence of memory / Byron Adams -- The spirit-stirring drum : Elgar and populism / Daniel M. Grimley -- Early reviews of the Apostles in British periodicals / selected, introduced, and annotated by Aidan J. Thomson -- Charles Sanford Terry and Elgar's Violin concerto / transcribed and introduced by Alison I. Shiel -- Elgar's critical critics / Aidan J. Thomson -- Elgar and the salons : the significance of a private musical world / Sophie Fuller -- Elgar and the British raj : can the Mughals march? / Nalini Ghuman -- Working the crowd : Elgar, class, and reformulations of popular culture at the turn of the twentieth centruy / Deborah Heckert -- Elgar's War requiem / Rachel Cowgill -- Transcending the enigmas of biography : the cultural context of Sir Edward Elgar's career / Leon Botstein.
- Adams, Byron. [edt]
- Other format: ; ISBN: 0-691-13446-4
- Electronic books.
- Edward Elgar (1857-1934) is undoubtedly one of the most fascinating, important, and influential figures in the history of British music. He rose from humble beginnings and achieved fame with music that to this day is beloved by audiences in England, and his work has secured an enduring legacy worldwide. Leading scholars examine the composer's life in Edward Elgar and His World, presenting a comprehensive portrait of both the man and the age in which he lived. Elgar's achievement is remarkably varied and wide-ranging, from immensely popular works like the famous Pomp and Cir
Holdings information at Coventry University
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: Coventry University