- Berkeley : University of California Press 2004
- 0520240243 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- SECTION 1. INTRODUCTION -- Experimental Biology in Conservation Science / Malcolm S. Gordon, Soraya M. Bartol -- SECTION 2. CONSERVATION OF ENDANGERED SPECIES -- Overview / Gary Burness -- Contributions of ex situ propagation and molecular genetics to conservation of Hawaiian Tree Snails / Michael G. Hadfield, Brenden S. Holland, Kevin J. Olival -- Multiple causes for declining amphibian populations / Andrew R. Blaustein, Audrey C. Hatch, Lisa K. Belden, Joseph M. Kiesecker -- Energetics of leatherback sea turtles: Occam's razor and Morton's fork / David R. Jones, Amanda L. Southwood, Russel D. Andrews -- Experimental strategies for the recovery of depleted populations of West Indian rock iguanas / Allison C. Alberts, John A. Phillips -- Endocrinology and the conservation of New Zealand birds / J.F. Cockrem, D.C. Adams, E.J. Bennett, E.J. Candy, E.J. Hawke, S.J. Henare, M.A. Potter -- Conservation of Australian arid-zone marsupials making use of knowledge of their energy and water requirements / Ian D. Hume, Lesley A. Gibson, Steven J. Lapidge -- The population decline of Steller sea lions: testing the nutritional stress hypothesis / Russel D. Andrews --
- SECTION 3. CONTROL OR ELIMINATION OF EXOTIC AND INVASIVE SPECIES -- Control or Elimination of Exotic/Invasive Species: Overview / Pamela J. Mueller -- Tipping the balance in the restoration of native plants: experimental approaches to changing the exotic:native ratio in California grassland / Jeffrey D. Corbin, Carla M. D'Antonio, Susan J. Bainbridge -- Using natural experiments in the study of alien tree invasions: opportunities and limitations / D.M. Richardson, M. Rouget, M. Rejmanek -- Biological control in support of conservation: friend or foe? / Mark S. Hoddle -- SECTION 4. POLICY-RELATED MATTERS -- Overview / Anthony Steyermark -- The Army and the desert tortoise: can science inform policy decisions? / James R. Spotila, Harold W. Avery -- Integrating experimental research with the needs of natural resource and land managers: a case study from Australia and New Zealand / John C. Rodger -- More meaningful wildlife research by prioritizing science, linking disciplines and building capacity / David E. Wildt -- African National Parks under challenge: novel approaches in South Africa may offer respite / Leo Braack.
Holdings information at Natural History Museum Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
More details about: Natural History Museum Library