Introduction to elementary particles / David Griffiths.
- Griffiths, David J. (David Jeffery) 1942- [author]
- Weinheim : Wiley-VCH 
- Previously published: New York : Wiley, 1987.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Historical introduction to the elementary particles -- Elementary particle dynamics -- Relativistic kinematics -- Symmetries -- Bound states -- The feynman calculus -- Quantum electrodynamics -- Electrodynamics of quarks and hadrons -- Quantum chromodynamics -- Weak interactions -- Gauge theories.
- This is the first quantitative treatment of elementary particle theory that is accessible to undergraduates. Using a lively, informal writing style, the author strikes a balance between quantitative rigor and intuitive understanding. The first chapter provides a detailed historical introduction to the subject. Subsequent chapters offer a consistent and modern presentation, covering the quark model, Feynman diagrams, quantum electrodynamics, and gauge theories. A clear introduction to the Feynman rules, using a simple model, helps readers learn the calculational techniques without the complications of spin. And an accessible treatment of QED shows how to evaluate tree-level diagrams. Contains an abundance of worked examples and many end-of-chapter problems.
Holdings information at the University of Sussex Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of Sussex Library