Strikebreaking & intimidation : mercenaries and masculinity in twentieth-century America / Stephen H. Norwood.
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press c2002
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -320) and index.
- Acknowledgments; Introduction: The Emergence of the Anti-Labor Mercenary; 1. The Student as Strikebreaker; 2. Gunfighters on the Urban Frontier; 3. Forging a New Masculinity; 4. Cossacks of the Coal Fields; 5. Ford's Brass Knuckles; 6. They Shall Not Pass; Epilogue: Anti-Unionism in America, 1945-2000; Notes; Bibliography; Index;
- Electronic books.
- Using a social-historical approach, the author focuses on the mercenaries the corporations enlisted in their anti-union efforts and considers the paramilitary methods unions developed to counter them. The book also traces the economic restructuring which transformed corporate anti-unionism.
Holdings information at Cardiff Metropolitan University
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: Cardiff Metropolitan University