- New York : Oxford University Press 1995
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introducing Spacetime Singularities and Acausalities -- 2. Defining, Characterizing, and Proving the Existence of Spacetime Singularities -- 3. Cosmic Censorship -- 4. Supertasks -- 5. The Big Bang and the Horizon Problem -- 6. Time Travel -- 7. Eternal Recurrence, Cyclic Time, and All That -- 8. Afterword.
- Other format: ; ISBN: 0-19-509591-X
- Electronic books.
- Explains the technical issues of general relativity theory and discusses how these issues bear upon philosophical problems about the nature of space and time, causality, and laws of nature. This book provides an overview of the technical literature as well as analytical commentary on its philosophical significance.
Holdings information at Liverpool John Moores University
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: Liverpool John Moores University