Cinema at the margins / Wheeler Winston Dixon.
- Dixon, Wheeler W. 1950-
- London ; New York : Anthem Press 
- 9780857281869 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9781783080168 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780857281951 (e-book)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Description based on print version record.
- Part 1. Genre -- The future catches up with the past: Peter Bogdanovich's targets -- Surrealism and sudden death in the films of Lucio Fulci -- Flash Gordon and the 1930s and 40s science fiction serial -- Just the facts, man: the complicated genesis of television's Dragnet -- The disquieting aura of Fabián Bielinsky -- Part 2. History -- Fast worker: the films of Sam Newfield -- The power of resistance: Les Dames du Bois de Boulogne -- Beyond characterization: performance in 1960s -- Experimental cinema -- Vanishing point: the last days of film -- Part 3. Interviews -- "Let the sleepers sleep and the haters hate": an interview with Dale "Rage" Resteghini -- Margin call: an interview with J.C. Chandor -- "All my films are personal": an interview with Pat Jackson -- Working within the system: an interview with Gerry O'Hara -- Andrew V. McLaglen: last of the Hollywood professionals -- Pop star, director, actor: an interview with Michael Sarne.
- Electronic books.
Holdings information at the University of Portsmouth
Live circulation data is not available.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
|Online Resources, Electronic Books|
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of Portsmouth