Cinema at the margins / Wheeler Winston Dixon.
- Dixon, Wheeler W. 1950- [author]
- London : Anthem Press 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 02 Oct 2015).
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Part 1. Genre -- The future catches up with the past: Peter Bogdanovich's targets -- Surrealism and sudden death in the films of Lucio Fulci -- Flash Gordon and the 1930s and 40s science fiction serial -- Just the facts, man: the complicated genesis of television's Dragnet -- The disquieting aura of Fabián Bielinsky -- Part 2. History -- Fast worker: the films of Sam Newfield -- The power of resistance: Les Dames du Bois de Boulogne -- Beyond characterization: performance in 1960s -- Experimental cinema -- Vanishing point: the last days of film -- Part 3. Interviews -- "Let the sleepers sleep and the haters hate": an interview with Dale "Rage" Resteghini -- Margin call: an interview with J.C. Chandor -- "All my films are personal": an interview with Pat Jackson -- Working within the system: an interview with Gerry O'Hara -- Andrew V. McLaglen: last of the Hollywood professionals -- Pop star, director, actor: an interview with Michael Sarne.
- Electronic books.
- 'Cinema at the Margins' is a collection that aims to highlight some of the lesser-known films and filmmakers of the past that are being marginalized and forgotten in today's reductive popular memory of movie history.
Holdings information at Cardiff Metropolitan University
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: Cardiff Metropolitan University