Flat rolling fundamentals / Vladimir B. Ginzburg, Robert Ballas.
- Ginzburg, Vladimir B. 1935-
- [Place of publication not identified] : CRC Press 2000
- Legal Deposit; Only available on premises controlled by the deposit library and to one user at any one time; The Legal Deposit Libraries (Non-Print Works) Regulations (UK).
- Restricted: Printing from this resource is governed by The Legal Deposit Libraries (Non-Print Works) Regulations (UK) and UK copyright law currently in force. Uk
- Principle characteristics of steel: structure of metals -- Metallurgical characteristics of steel -- Chemical compositions of steel -- Classification of steel -- Physical properties of steel products -- Metallurgical factors controlling the properties of steels -- Deformation of steel: microscopic and macroscopic plasticity -- Analysis of workpiece deformation -- Resistance to deformation in hot rolling -- Roll force and torque in flat rolling -- Friction and lubrication in rolling -- Metallurgical aspects of hot rolling process: heat transfer in hot rolling -- Structural changes in steel during hot rolling -- Thermomechanical treatment combined with rolling -- Metallurgical defects in cast slabs and hot rolled products -- Rolling mills for flat products: types of rolling mills -- Optimisation and modernisation of hot strip mills -- Geometry of flat rolled products: definition of geometrical parameters of rolled products -- Standard dimensional tolerance -- Statistical and analytical dimensional tolerance -- Gauge control: principles of measurement of rolling parameters -- Causes of gauge variation -- Gauge control sensors an actuators -- Automatic gauge control systems -- Width control: basic principles of width change -- Width change by rolling and pressing -- Optimisation and control of width change process -- Profile and flatness control: strip profile and flatness analysis -- Roll thermal expansion and wear -- Backup rolls with specific profiles -- Roll deformation and displacement systems -- Strip profile and flatness control systems.
- Ballas, Robert 1955-
- UK eLD e-books
Holdings information at Trinity College Dublin Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: Trinity College Dublin Library