Norse mythology : a guide to the Gods, heroes, rituals, and beliefs / John Lindow.
- Handbook of Norse mythology
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press 2002, c2001
- Originally published: Santa Barbara, Calif. : ABC-CLIO, c2001.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 327-340) and index.
- Contents; A Note on Orthography; 1 Introduction; 2 Time; 3 Deities, Themes, and Concepts; 4 Print and Nonprint Resources; Index
- Other format: ; ISBN: 0-19-515382-0
- Electronic books.
- Norse Mythology explores the magical myths and legends of Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland and Viking-Age Greenland--outlining along the way the prehistoric tales and beliefs from these regions that have remained embedded in the imagination of the world. The book begins with an Introduction that helps put Scandinavian mythology in place in history, followed by a chapter that explains the meaning of mythic time, and a third section that presents in-depth explanations of each mythological term. These fascinating entries identify particular deities and giants, as well as the places where they dwe
Holdings information at Liverpool John Moores University
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: Liverpool John Moores University