- Blackwell companions to the ancient world. Literature and culture
- Blackwell companions to the ancient world. . Literature and culture.
- Roman religion
- Malden, Mass. ; Oxford : Blackwell Pub. , ©2007
- 9781405129435 (hbk.)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -510) and indexes.
- Roman religion : religions of Rome / Jörg Rüpke -- Approaching Roman religion : the case for Wissenschaftsgeschichte / C. Robert Phillips, III -- Changes. The religion of archaic Rome / Christopher Smith -- Pre-Roman Italy, before and under the Romans / Oliver de Cazanove -- Urban religion in the middle and late republic / Eric Orlin -- Continuity and change : religion in the Augustan semi-century / Karl Galinsky -- Religions and the integration of cities in the empire in the second century AD : the creation of a common religious language / William Van Andringa -- Old religions transformed : religions and religious policy from Decius to Constantine / Hartmut Leppin -- Religious koine and religious dissent in the fourth century / Michele Renee Salzman -- Media. The history of Roman religion in Roman historiography and epic / Denis Feeney -- Religion and Roman coins / Jonathan Williams -- Reliefs, public and private / Katja Moede -- Inscriptions as sources of knowledge for religions and cults in the Roman world of imperial times / Rudolf Haensch -- Religion in the house / Annemarie Kaufmann-Heinimann -- Symbols and practices. Roman cult sites : a pragmatic approach / Ulrike Egelhaaf-Gaiser -- Complex rituals : games and processions in republican Rome / Frank Bernstein -- Performing the sacred : prayers and hymns / Frances Hickson Hahn -- Music and dance : forms of representation in pictorial and written sources / Friederike Fless and Katja Moede -- Sacrifices for gods and ancestors / John Scheid -- Actors and actions . Religious actors in daily life : practices and related beliefs / Nicole Belayche -- Republican nobiles : controlling the res publica / Veit Rosenberger -- Emperors : caring for the empire and their successors / Peter Herz -- Urban elites in the Roman East : enhancing regional positions and social superiority / Athanasios Ritzakis -- Living on religion : professionals and personnel / Marietta Horster -- Different religious identities. Roman diaspora Judaism / Jack N. Lightstone -- Creating one's own religion : intellectual choices / Attilio Mastrocinque -- Institutionalized religious options : mithraism / Richard Gordon -- The Romanness of Roman Christianity / Stefan Heid -- Roman religion outside and seen from outside. Exporting Roman religion / Clifford Ando -- Religion in the Roman East / Ted Kaizer -- Roman religion in the vision of Tertullian / Cecilia Ames.
- Rüpke, Jörg [editor]
Holdings information at the University of Edinburgh Libraries
Live circulation data is not available.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
|Main Library (STANDARD LOAN) - 2nd floor||BL803 Com.|
|Acquisitions - Main Library|
|Main Library (SHORT LOAN) - 2nd floor||WITHDRAWN|
More details about: University of Edinburgh Libraries