A history of the Spanish language / Ralph Penny.
- Penny, Ralph J. (Ralph John) 1940- [author]
- Second edition.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press 2002
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 332-340) and indexes.
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Introduction -- Phonology -- Morpho-syntax -- Lexis -- Semantics -- Past, present and future -- Glossary of technical terms -- Topics for discussion and further reading -- References -- Index.
- Electronic books.
- This is a thoroughly revised, updated and expanded 2002 edition of Ralph Penny's authoritative textbook, first published in 1991, which provides a clear and elegant account of the development of Spanish over the last 2,000 years. Although principally oriented towards 'internal' history, 'external' history is also considered and referred to throughout. In this new edition, as well as adding insights from more recent scholarship throughout the text, Professor Penny has added a chapter which discusses the nature of linguistic history, the concept of World Spanish, processes of convergence and divergence in Spanish, and the English/Spanish interface. This edition also contains a glossary of technical terms, guidance on further reading, and suggested topics for discussion.
Holdings information at Cardiff Metropolitan University
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: Cardiff Metropolitan University