Holbein and England / Susan Foister.
- Foister, Susan 1954-
- New Haven, [Conn.] ; London : Published for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art by Yale University Press , ©2004
- 0300102801 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780300102802 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 288-298) and index.
- 1. Holbein -- Holbein in England -- Holbein's English patrons -- Holbein at work -- A Holbein workshop? -- 2. England -- Paintings in early sixteenth-century England -- Valuing paintings -- Acquiring paintings -- 3. Decoration and design -- The Greenwich revels of 1527 -- The Hanseatic commissions -- Designs for goldsmiths -- 4. Holbein and the English Reformation -- Holbein and the imagery of the English Reformation -- The Coverdale Bible -- Holbein's radical reformation woodcuts -- 5. Holbein the portraitist -- From Basel to England -- Princely portraits -- Portraits of foreigners -- Portraits for the English -- Conclusion : Holbein and England after 1543.
Holdings information at the University of Edinburgh Libraries
Live circulation data is not available.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
|Main Library (HUB SHORT LOAN) - Ground floor||Folio N6888.H664 Foi.|
|Art & Architecture Library (SHORT LOAN)||N6888.H664 Foi.|
|Main Library (STANDARD LOAN) - 2nd floor||Folio N6888.H664 Foi.|
More details about: University of Edinburgh Libraries