- EARLY MODERN ITALY
- Pastoral drama in early modern Italy
- London : Routledge 2000
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Book Cover; Title; Contents; Preface; Acknowledgements; Map 1: Physical Italy; Map 2: The Italian States, 1559; Map 3: Italian cities and towns; Map 4: The Kingdom of Naples; Map 5: The city of Venice; Disunited Italy; The chronology and developments of early modern Italy; Geography and demography; Demography; The supply of food; The changing rural and urban economies; Rural and urban inter-relationships; The land and rural society; Landownership; Inhabitants of the contado and living conditions; The urban environment; Organising the urban scene
- The organisation and production of goods and servicesMeeting places: buying and selling; Urban society; Women and male occupations; The professionals and officials; Servants; Casual work: labourers, pedlars, sbirri, messengers; Prostitutes; The poor and destitute; The family and household; Formation of the family: marriages and dowries; Personal family relationships; The extended family; The social elites; Varieties of social elites; Social groupings and loyalties; Neighbourhoo
- Electronic books.
- A fascinating survey of society in Italy from the fifteenth to the eighteenth centuries - from the Renaissance to the Enlightenment.
Holdings information at Cardiff Metropolitan University
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: Cardiff Metropolitan University