The man behind the microchip : Robert Noyce and the invention of Silicon Valley / Leslie Berlin.
- Berlin, Leslie 1969-
- Oxford : Oxford University Press 2005
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 369-383) and index.
- Description based on print version record.
- Contents; Acknowledgments; Introduction; 1 Adrenaline and Gasoline; 2 Rapid Robert; 3 Apprenticeship; 4 Breakaway; 5 Invention; 6 A Strange Little Upstart; 7 Startup; 8 Takeoff; 9 The Edge of What's Barely Possible; 10 Renewal; 11 Political Entrepreneurship; 12 Public Startup; Conclusion; Notes; Bibliography; Appendix A: Author's Interviews and Correspondence; Appendix B: Robert Noyce's Patents; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y; Z
- Electronic books.
- This is the life of a giant of the high-tech industry - co-founder of Fairchild Semiconductor and Intel - and inventor of the integrated circuit, which is used in every modern computer, microwave, telephone and car. This biography of Robert Noyce narrates his background, and his education.
Holdings information at Cardiff University Libraries
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: Cardiff University Libraries