Hollywood cartoons : American animation in its golden age / Michael Barrier
- Oxford : Oxford University Press 2003, c1999
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- First published 1999
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Contents; Preface; Acknowledgments; About the ""Flip Books""; Introduction; PART I: Cartoon Acting; PART II: Cartoon Reality; Afterword; Notes; Index
- Other format: ; ISBN: 0-19-516729-5
- Electronic books.
- In Hollywood Cartoons, Michael Barrier takes us on a glorious guided tour of American animation in the 1930's, '40's, and '50's, to meet the legendary artists and entrepreneurs who created Bugs Bunny, Betty Boop, Mickey Mouse, Wile E. Coyote, Donald Duck, Tom and Jerry, and many other cartoon favorites. Beginning with black-and-white silent cartoons, Barrier offers an insightful account, taking us inside early New York studios and such Hollywood giants as Disney, Warner Bros., and MGM. Barrier excels at illuminating the creative side of animation--revealing how stories are put together,
Holdings information at Coventry University
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: Coventry University