March's advanced organic chemistry : reactions, mechanisms, and structure / Michael Smith, Jerry March.
- Smith, Michael 1946 October 17- [author]
- Advanced organic chemistry
- 6th ed.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley-Interscience ©2007
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Localized chemical bonding -- Delocalized chemical bonding -- Bonding weaker than covalent -- Stereochemistry -- Carbocations, carbanions, free radicals, carbenes, and nitrenes -- Mechanisms and methods of determining them -- Irradiation processes in organic chemistry -- Acids and bases -- Effects of structure and medium on reactivity -- Aliphatic substitution: nucleophilic and organometallic -- Aromatic substitution: electrophilic -- Aliphatic, alkenyl, and alkenyl substitution, electrophilic and organometallic -- Aromatic substitution, nucleophilic and organometallic -- Substitution reactions: free radicals -- Addition to carbon-carbon multiple bonds -- Addition to carbon-hetero multiple bonds -- Eliminations -- Rearrangements -- Oxidations and reductions -- Appendix A. The literature of organic chemistry -- Appendix B. Classification of reactions by type of compounds synthesized.
- March, Jerry 1929-1997 [author]
- This updated version of this text contains all the reactions, mechanisms, and structures of organic compounds that are key to understanding life processes.
Holdings information at the University of Strathclyde Library
Live circulation data is not available.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
|VLeBooks Collection||VLeBooks VLeBooks Collection|
More details about: University of Strathclyde Library