March's advanced organic chemistry : reactions, mechanisms, and structure / Michael B. Smith (Professor of Chemistry), Jerry March (Professor of Chemistry).
- Smith, Michael 1946 October 17- [author]
- Advanced organic chemistry
- Sixth ediition.
- Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 
- Previous edition: 2001.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Localized chemical bonding -- Delocalized chemical bonding -- Bonding weaker than covalent -- Stereochemistry -- Carbocations, carbanions, free radicals, carbenes, and nitrenes -- Mechanisms and methods of determining them -- Irradiation processes in organic chemistry -- Acids and bases -- Effects of structure and medium on reactivity -- Aliphatic substitution: nucleophilic and organometallic -- Aromatic substitution: electrophilic -- Aliphatic, alkenyl, and alkenyl substitution, electrophilic and organometallic -- Aromatic substitution, nucleophilic and organometallic -- Substitution reactions: free radicals -- Addition to carbon-carbon multiple bonds -- Addition to carbon-hetero multiple bonds -- Eliminations -- Rearrangements -- Oxidations and reductions -- Appendix A. The literature of organic chemistry -- Appendix B. Classification of reactions by type of compounds synthesized.
- March, Jerry 1929-1997 [author]
- Table of contents http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip0613/2006016015.html
Holdings information at the University of Cambridge Libraries
Live circulation data is not available.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
|Robinson College: Main Library||547 MARC|
|Moore Library: Reserve collection||QD251.2 .S65 2007|
|Trinity Hall: Jerwood Library||547 SMI|
|Emmanuel College Library: Main Library||547.MAR(3)|
|St Catharine's College: Shakeshaft Library||547.M|
|Chemistry Library: Blue Book collection||QD251 .M37 2007 (Reference only)|
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of Cambridge Libraries