Postcolonial artists and global aesthetics / Akin Adesokan.
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press c2011
- 9780253356796 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0253356792 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780253223456 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0253223458 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Introduction: generic transformations at the crossroads of capital -- C.L.R. James sees the world steadily -- Fitful decolonization: Xala and the poetics of double fetishism -- Tunde Kelani's Nollywood: aesthetics of exhortation -- Jean-Pierre Bekolo and the challenges of aesthetic populism -- Imaginary citizenship: Caryl Phillips's Atlantic world -- Spirits of Bandung: a sarcastic subject writes to empire -- Conclusion: being African in the world.
Holdings information at Newcastle University Libraries
Live circulation data is not available.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
|Philip Robinson Library: Robinson Books Level 3||302.2343 ADE|
More details about: Newcastle University Libraries