- Dordrecht ; New York : Springer ©2012
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Introduction -- Actinidiaceae -- Adoxaceae -- Anacardiaceae -- Annonaceae -- Apocynaceae -- Araceae -- Averrhoaceae.- Betulaceae -- Bignoniaceae.- Bixaceae -- Bombacaceae -- Bromeliaceae -- Burseraceae -- Cactaceae -- Caricaceae.- Cuppressaceae -- Cycadaceae -- Medical Glossary -- Scientific Glossary -- Common Name Index -- Scientific Name Index.
- Print version:: Lim, T.K. Fruits. Dordrecht [Netherlands] : Springer, 2012
- Edible Medicinal and Non-medicinal Plants is a comprehensive and scientifically up-to-date work covering more than a thousand species of plants in a multi-compendium format. The aim is to create awareness and interest in the rich and diverse array of such plants. The edible species dealt with in this work include to a larger extent lesser-known, wild and underutilized crops and also common and widely grown crops that are consumed as fruits, vegetables, culinary herbs, pulses, cereals, spices and condiments, root crops, beverages, mushrooms, edible oils and stimulants. All relevant available and up-to-date information collated are provided in a comprehensive referenced format accompanied by copious coloured images to assist in the identification of the edible plant and plant parts. Topics covered include: taxonomy (botanical name and synonyms); common English and vernacular names; origin and distribution; agro-ecological requirements; edible plant part and uses; plant botany; nutritive and medicinal/pharmacological properties, traditional medicinal uses and up-to-date research findings; other non-edible uses; and selected/cited references for further reading. Each volume covers about a hundred edible species arranged according to botanical families, and species in alphabetical order. Each volume has a separate index for scientific and common names and separate scientific and medical glossaries The first few volumes focus on edible fruit crops used as food followed by those used as vegetables. Volume 1 covers edible fruits in the families: Actinidiaceae, Adoxaceae, Anacardiaceae, Annonaceae, Apocynaceae, Araceae, Arecaceae, Averrhoaceae, Betulaceae, Bignoniaceae, Bixaceae, Bombacaceae, Bromeliaceae, Burseraceae, Cactaceae, Caprifoliaceae, Caricaceae, Cuppressaceae and Cycadaceae.
Holdings information at the University of Warwick Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of Warwick Library