Petrogenesis of Metamorphic Rocks / by Kurt Bucher, Rodney Grapes.
- Bucher, Kurt. [author] [aut http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/aut]
- 8th ed. 2011.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer 2011
- Editions 1 through 5 published as English translation of Genese der metamorphen Gesteine, Helmut G.F. Winkler.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Definition, Conditions and Types of Metamorphism -- Metamorphic Rocks -- Metamorphic Processes -- Metamorphic Grade -- Metamorphism of Ultramafic Rocks -- Metamorphism of Dolomites and Limestones -- Metamorphism of Pelitic Rocks (Metapelites) -- Metamorphism of Marls -- Metamorphism of Mafic Rocks -- Metamorphism of Quartzofeldspathic Rocks.
- Grapes, Rodney. [author] [aut http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/aut]
- Other format: ; ISBN: 3-540-74168-2
- Electronic books.
- Petrogenesis of Metamorphic Rocks presents a large number of diagrams showing the stability relations among minerals and groups of minerals found in metamorphic rocks. The diagrams help to determine the pressure and temperature conditions under which a given set of metamorphic rocks may have formed. Other parameters that control metamorphic mineral assemblages are also discussed and pitfalls resulting from simplifications and generalizations are highlighted. The book discusses the most common metamorphic rock types, their nomenclature, structure and graphical representation of their mineral assemblages. Part I defines basic principles of metamorphism, introduces metamorphic processes, geologic thermometry and barometry and defines metamorphic grade. Part II presents in a systematic way mineralogical changes and assemblages found in the most common types of metamorphic rocks. The computation of diagrams is based on recent advances in quantitative petrology and geochemistry. An extensive bibliography, including the key contributions and classic papers in the field, make it an invaluable source book for graduate students and professional geologists.
Holdings information at National Library of Scotland
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: National Library of Scotland