The ecology of browsing and grazing / I.J. Gordon, H.H.T. Prins, editors.
- Berlin : Springer c2008
- 9783540724223 (ebook)
- 3540724222 (ebook)
- Access is restricted to subscribing institutions.
- University staff and students only. Requires University Computer Account login off-campus.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Other format: Also issued as an electronic book.
- Available through SpringerLink.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Introduction : grazers and browsers in a changing world / Herbert H.T. Prins and Iain J. Gordon -- An evolutionary history of browsing and grazing ungulates / Christine Janis -- The morphophysiological adaptations of browsing and grazing mammals / Marcus Clauss, Thomas Kaiser, and Jürgen Hummel -- Nutritional ecology of grazing and browsing ruminants / Alan J. Duncan and Dennis P. Poppi -- The comparative feeding behaviour of large browsing and grazing herbivores / Kate R. Searle and Lisa A. Shipley -- The comparative population dynamics of browsing and grazing ungulates / Norman Owen-Smith -- Species diversity of browsing and grazing ungulates : consequences for the structure and abundance of secondary production / Herbert H.T. Prins and Hervé Fritz -- Impacts of grazing and browsing by large herbivores on soils and soil biological properties / Kathryn A. Harrison and Richard D. Bardgett -- Plant traits, browsing and grazing herbivores, and vegetation dynamics / Christina Skarpe and Alison Hester -- The impact of browsing and grazing herbivores on biodiversity / Spike E. van Wieren and Jan P. Bakker -- Managing large herbivores in theory and practice : is the game the same for browsing and grazing species? / Jean-Michel Gaillard ... [et al.] -- Grazers and browsers in a changing world : conclusions / Iain J. Gordon and Herbert H.T. Prins.
- Original: ; ISBN: 9783540724216
Holdings information at the University of St Andrews Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of St Andrews Library