A History of Cyprus. Volume 2 The Frankish Period, 1192–1432 / George Hill.
- Hill, George Francis Sir 1867-1948.
- Place of publication not identified : publisher not identified 1948
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press
- 9780511751714 (ebook)
- 9781108020633 (paperback)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
- Print version:: ; ISBN: 9781108020633
- Sir George Francis Hill (1867–1948), was perhaps best known as a numismatist, although his scholarly interests and accomplishments included a range of time periods and subjects. A classicist by training, Hill built his career at the British Museum's department of coins and medals. In his forty-three years there he produced volumes on coins of antiquity; Greek history and art; coins, heraldry, and iconography of medieval and Renaissance Italy; and treasure troves. In 1931 Hill became the Museum's director and principal librarian, the first archaeologist to hold this post. His four-volume History of Cyprus (1940–52) ranged from Cyprus's earliest years to the twentieth century, and became the standard text on the subject. It is a valuable resource for scholars of the country, of antiquity and of the Mediterranean world. Volume 2 commences Hill's investigation of the Frankish period (1192–1432), which he continues in Volume 3.
Holdings information at the University of Southampton Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of Southampton Library