A history of Cyprus. Volume 2 The Frankish period, 1192-1432 / George Hill.
- Hill, George Francis Sir 1867-1948 [author]
- Frankish period, 1192-1432
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press 2011
- Also issued in print: 2010.
- Originally published: Cambridge: University Press, 1948.
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (viewed on January 23, 2020).
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other format: ; ISBN: 1-108-02063-1
- cartographic image
- still image
- Sir George Francis Hill, was perhaps best known as a numismatist, although his scholarly interests & accomplishments included a range of time periods & subjects. A classicist by training, Hill built his career at the British Museum's department of coins & medals. In his 43 years there he produced volumes on coins of antiquity; Greek history & art; coins, heraldry, & iconography of medieval & Renaissance Italy; & treasure troves. In 1931 Hill became the Museum's director & principal librarian, the first archaeologist to hold this post. His four-volume History of Cyprus (1940-52) ranged from Cyprus's earliest years to the 20th century, & became the standard text on the subject. It is a valuable resource for scholars of the country, of antiquity & of the Mediterranean world. Volume 2 commences Hill's investigation of the Frankish period (1192-1432), which he continues in Volume 3.
Holdings information at Coventry University
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: Coventry University