Food and Judaism / editors, Leonard J. Greenspoon, Ronald A. Simkins, Gerald Shapiro.
- Studies in Jewish civilization ; v. 15
- Food & Judaism
- Omaha, NE Lincoln, NE : Creighton University Press ; Distributed by the University of Nebraska Press c2005
- "Proceedings of the fifteenth annual Symposium of the Klutznick Chair in Jewish Civilization, Harris Center for Judaic Studies, October 27-28, 2002"
- "The Klutznick Chair in Jewish Civilization, The Harris Center for Judaic Studies, The Center for the Study of Religion and Society"--Half t.p.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- A social history of Jewish food in America / Joan Nathan -- Smoked salmon sushi and sturgeon stomachs : the Russian Jewish foodscapes of New York / Eve Jochnowitz -- The art of Jewish food / Ori Z. Soltes -- Exploring southern Jewish foodways / Marci Cohen Ferris -- The vegetarian alternative : biblical adumbrations, modern reverberations / S. Daniel Breslauer -- In memory's kitchen : reflections on a recently discovered form of Holocaust literature / Cara De Silva -- Does God care what we eat? Jewish theologies of food and reverence for life / Jonathan D. Brumberg-Kraus --Nebraska Jewish charitable cookbooks, 1901-2002 / Oliver B. Pollak -- Public and private in the kitchen : eating Jewish in the Soviet State / Alice Stone Nakhimovsky -- Kashrut : the possibility and limits of women's domestic power / Ruth Ann Abusch-Magder -- Holy kugel : the sanctification of Ashkenazic ethnic foods in Hasidism / Allan Nadler -- "As the Jews like to eat garlick" : garlic in Christian-Jewish polemical discourse in early modern Germany / Maria Diemling -- Separating the dishes : the history of a Jewish eating practice / David Kraemer -- The blessing in the belly : mystical satiation in medieval Kabbalah / Joel Hecker -- Food of the book or food of Israel? Israelite and Jewish food laws in the Muslim exegesis of Quran 3:93 / Brannon Wheeler -- Meals as Midrash : a survey of ancient meals in Jewish studies scholarship / Jonathan D. Brumberg-Kraus -- The vegetarian ideal in the Bible / Gary A. Rendsburg -- Food fight : the Americanization of kashrut in twentieth-century America / Jenna Weissman Joselit.
- Greenspoon, Leonard J. (Leonard Jay)
- Simkins, Ronald.
- Shapiro, Gerald 1950-
- Creighton University. Center for the Study of Religion and Society.
- University of Nebraska--Lincoln. Harris Center for Judaic Studies.
- Philip M. and Ethel Klutznick Chair in Jewish Civilization. Symposium (15th : 2002 : Creighton University)
- Conference publication
Holdings information at Trinity College Dublin Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
More details about: Trinity College Dublin Library