Adages / translated by Margaret Mann Phillips ; annotated by R.A.B. Mynors.
- Erasmus, Desiderius -1536 [author]
- Adagia. English (Collected works of Erasmus)
- Prolegomena to the Adages.
- Toronto ; Buffalo : University of Toronto Press [1982-2017]
- Volume 1 of this set (volume 30 of the Collected works) has the title: Prolegomena to the Adages; it was the last of the set to be published, in 2017. It contains the English translation of Erasmus's first collection of adages, published in 1500 under the title Adagia collectanea, preceded by John Grant's critical essay and supplemented by a cumulative index to the Adages.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Translated from the Latin. Includes original Latin and Greek texts of proverbs.
- [volume 1]. Prolegomena to the Adages. Adagiorum collectanea / Erasmus ; translated and annotated by John N. Grant ; Indexes to Erasmus' Adages / by William Barker (2017) -- [volume 2]. I i 1 to I v 100 / translated by Margaret Mann Phillips ; annotated by R.A.B. Mynors (1982) -- [volume 3]. I vi l to I x 100 / translated by Margaret Mann Phillips ; annotated by R.A.B. Mynors (1989) -- [volume 4]. II i 1 to II vi 100 / translated and annotated by R.A.B. Mynors (1991) -- [volume 5]. II vii 1 to III iii 100 / translated and annotated by R.A.B. Mynors (1992) -- [volume 6]. III iv 1 to IV ii 100 / translated and annotated by Denis L. Drysdall (2005) -- [volume 7]. IV iii 1 to V ii 51 / translated and annotated by John N. Grant and Betty I. Knott (2006).
Holdings information at Durham University Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
More details about: Durham University Library