Jewish eating and identity through the ages / David Kraemer.
- New York ; London : Routledge c2007
- 9780415957977 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 0415957974 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -191) and index.
- Introduction -- The biblical period: our animals, their animals -- The second temple period: the food of the gentiles -- The rabbinic period: "Thou shalt not eat a calf with a mother's milk" -- The rabbinic period: problematic mixings -- The rabbinic period: blessing food -- Waiting for the next meal -- Separating the dishes -- Crossing boundaries -- "Bugs in the system" (the Kashrut wars).
Holdings information at LSE Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
Link to external resource:
More details about: LSE Library