Islamic philosophy from its origin to the present : philosophy in the land of prophecy / Seyyed Hossein Nasr.
- Albany : State University of New York Press 2006
- 0791467996 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 0791468003 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The study of Islamic philosophy in the West in recent times : an overview -- The meaning and role of "philosophy" in Islam -- Al-Hikmat al-Ilahiyyah and kalam -- The question of existence and quiddity and ontology in Islamic philosophy-- Post-Avicennan Islamic philosophy and the study of being -- Epistemological questions : the relation of intellect, reason and intuition within diverse Islamic intellectual perspectives -- A framework for the study of the history of Islamic philosophy -- Dimensions of the Islamic intellectual tradition, kalam, philosophy and spirituality -- The poet-scientist ʻUmar Khayyam as philosopher -- Philosophy in Azarbaijan and the School of Shiraz -- The School of Isfahan revisited -- Mulla Sadra and the full flowering of prophetic philosophy -- From the School of Isfahan to the School of Tehran -- Reflections on Islam and modern thought -- Philosophy in the land of prophecy yesterday and today.
Holdings information at SOAS Library, University of London
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
More details about: SOAS Library, University of London