Petrology : principles and practice / Gautam Sen.
- Sen, Gautam 1951 November 17- [author]
- Berlin : Springer 2014
- 9783642388002 (electronic bk.)
- 3642388000 (electronic bk.)
- University staff and students only. Requires University Computer Account login off-campus.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Description based on print version record.
- Available through SpringerLink.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Introduction to Igneous Rocks -- Phase relations in simple systems: Key to magma generation, crystallization, and mixing -- Phase Relationships in Ternary Systems -- Magma formation and segregation -- Igneous Rock Series: Basalt Magma Evolution -- Basalt Magma Generation: Perspectives from Experimental Petrology -- Basaltic Magmatism at Mid-Oceanic Ridges and Hawaiian Hot Spot -- Large Igneous Provinces: Deccan Traps and Columbia River Basalts -- Subduction Zone Magmas -- Alkaline and Ultra-Alkaline Rocks, Carbonatites, and Kimberlites -- Anorthosites and Komatiites -- Sediments -- Sedimentary Rocks -- Metamorphism and Metamorphic Rocks -- Metamorphic Facies, Reactions, and P-T-t Paths.
- This undergraduate textbook on the key subject of geology closely follows the core curriculum adopted by most universities throughout the world and is a must for every geology student. It covers all aspects of petrology, including not only the principles of petrology but also applications to the origin, composition, and field relationships of rocks. Although petrology is commonly taught in the junior year, this book is a useful resource for graduate students as well.
Holdings information at the University of St Andrews Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of St Andrews Library