Sam Peckinpah's West : new perspectives / edited by Leonard Engel.
- Salt Lake City : University of Utah Press ©2003
- Sam Peckinpah filmography: p. 255-256.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Auguries of redemption : Peckinpah's mythological critique of American history / Armado José Prats -- Comic elements in Peckinpah's The westerner / Philip J. Skerry -- The double vision of tragedy in Ride the high country / John L. Simons -- "Fall in behind the major" : cultural border crossing and hero building in Major Dundee / Matt Wanat -- Peckinpah's epic vision : The wild bunch and The ballad of Cable Hogue / John M. Gourlie -- Divining Peckinpah: religious paradigm and ideology in Convoy and The ballad of Cable Hogue / Frank Burke -- Junior Bonner : old West/new West or the antinomies of the father / Richard Hutson -- Don't mess with Texas: recuperating masculinity in The getaway / Stephen Tatum -- "Who are you?" "That's a good question" : shifting identities in Sam Peckinpah's Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid / Leonard Engel -- We're always moving : Sam Peckinpah's making of Convoy / Elaine Marshall -- Ford, Peckinpah, and the advantages of making (many) westerns / Robert Merrill -- The killer elite and the critics : a note on the art of interpretation / Leonard Engel.
- Engel, Leonard 1936-
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Holdings information at the University of East Anglia Library
Live circulation data is not available.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
|UEA Main Library. Floor 2: Main shelves - Normal loan||PN1998.3.P43 ENG|
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of East Anglia Library