Thermodynamics / by Enrico Fermi.
- Fermi, Enrico 1901-1954.
- New York : Dover Publications 1956
- 9780486134857 (electronic bk.)
- 0486134857 (electronic bk.)
- 9781621985815 (electronic bk.)
- 1621985814 (electronic bk.)
- Use copy: Restrictions unspecified
- Reproduction available: Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
- System details: Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002.
- digitized ; 2010 ; HathiTrust Digital Library ; committed to preserve ; Institution: MiAaHDL ; Term source: pda
- Includes index.
- "An unabridged and unaltered republication of the work originally published by Prentice-Hall Company in 1937"--T.p. verso.
- Description based on print version record.
- Preface -- Introduction -- I. Thermodynamic systems -- The State of a system and its transformations -- Ideal or perfect gases -- II. The First law of thermodynamics -- The Statement of the first law of thermodynamics -- The Application of the first law to systems whose states can be represented on a (V,p) diagram -- The Application of the first law to gases -- Adiabatic transformations of a gas -- III. The Second law of thermodynamics -- The Statement of the second law of thermodynamics -- The Carnot cycle -- The Absolute thermodynamic temperature -- Thermal engines -- IV. The Entropy -- Some properties of cycles -- The Entropy -- Some further properties of the entropy -- The Entropy of a system whose states can be represented on a (V,p) diagram -- The Clapeyron equation -- The Van der Waals equation -- V. Thermodynamic potentials -- The Free energy -- The Thermodynamic potential at constant pressure -- The Phase rule -- Thermodynamics of the reversible electric cell -- VI. Gaseous reactions -- Chemical equilibria in gases -- The Van't Hoff reaction box -- Another proof of the equation of gaseous equilibria -- Discussion of gaseous equilibria ; the principle of Le Chatelier -- VII. The Thermodynamics of dilute solutions -- Dilute solutions -- Osmotic pressure -- Chemical equilibria in solutions -- The Distribution of a solute between two phases -- The Vapor pressure, the boiling point, and the freezing point of a solution -- VIII. The Entropy constant -- The Nernst theorem -- Nernst's theorem applied to solids -- The Entropy constant of gases -- Thermal ionization of a gas; thermionic effect -- Index.
- Electronic books.
- In this classic of modern science, the Nobel Laureate presents a clear treatment of systems, the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics, entropy, thermodynamic potentials, and much more. Calculus required.
Holdings information at the University of Leeds Library
Live circulation data is not available.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
|Online resource||Electronic book (Knovel)|
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of Leeds Library