The chequered past : sports car racing and rallying in Canada, 1951-1991 / David A. Charters.
- Charters, David A. (David Anderson) 1949- [author]
- Sports car racing and rallying in Canada, 1951-1991.
- Toronto ; Buffalo : University of Toronto Press 
- Access for current City students and staff only.
- Use copy: Restrictions unspecified
- Reproduction available: Electronic reproduction. [Place of publication not identified] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
- System details: Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002.
- digitized (2010). HathiTrust Digital Library. committed to preserve (MiAaHDL.)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 307-320) and index.
- Print version record.
- Part One. The amateur age, 1951-1960. The visionaries and their vision: the founding of the Canadian automobile sports clubs -- Canadian club: origins of the sports car subculture, 1950-1960 -- Run what ya brung: sports car competition in the amateur age -- Rules and regs: professionalizing the amateurs -- Powershift: the rise of commercial professionalism -- Part Two. Gathering speed, 1961-1966. Behind the wheel: power politics in the CASC -- Trans-Canada: the shell 4000 and the national rally championship, 1961-1966 -- Making tracks: commercializing Canadian racing -- Reach for the top: Canadian racing driver development in the 1960s -- The cutting edge: Bill Sadler and the Can-Am series -- Part Three. From sport to spectacle, 1967-1991. Coming of age? Canadians and international racing -- Winning formula: formula racing and the national championship -- Stage by stage: transforming the national rally championship -- Downshift: the crisis in amateur auto sport, 1969-1975 -- Final laps: the decline and fall of the CASC.
- Print version:: Charters, David A. (David Anderson), 1949- Chequered past. Toronto ; Buffalo : University of Toronto Press, ©2007
Holdings information at City, University of London
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: City, University of London