City of sacrifice : the Aztec empire and the role of violence in civilization / Davíd Carrasco.
- Boston : Beacon Press c1999
279 p. : ill ; 20 cm.
- 0807046426 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780807046425 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780807046432 (pbk : alk. paper)
- 0807046434 (pbk : alk. paper)
- Introduction. Performing the city of sacrifice -- 1. City as symbol in Aztec thought : some clues from the Codex Mendoza -- 2. Templo Mayor : the Aztec vision of place -- 3. The new fire ceremony and the binding of the years : Tenochtitlan's fearful symmetry -- 4. The sacrifice of Tezcatlipoca : to change place -- 5. Give me some skin : the charisma of the Aztec warrior -- 6. Cosmic jaws : we eat the Gods and the Gods eat us -- 7. The sacrifice of women : the hearts of plants and makers of war games -- 8. When warriors became walls, when the mountain of water crumbled.
Holdings information at the University of Essex Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
More details about: University of Essex Library