Set theory / Thomas Jech.
- Jech, Thomas J. [author]
- 3rd ed. 2003.
- Berlin, Germany ; New York, New York : Springer 
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -732) and indexes.
- Description based on print version record.
- Basic Set Theory -- Axioms of Set Theory -- Ordinal Numbers -- Cardinal Numbers -- Real Numbers -- The Axiom of Choice and Cardinal Arithmetic -- The Axiom of Regularity -- Filters, Ultrafilters and Boolean Algebras -- Stationary Sets -- Combinatorial Set Theory -- Measurable Cardinals -- Borel and Analytic Sets -- Models of Set Theory -- Advanced Set Theory -- Constructible Sets -- Forcing -- Applications of Forcing -- Iterated Forcing and Martin’s Axiom -- Large Cardinals -- Large Cardinals and L -- Iterated Ultrapowers and L[U] -- Very Large Cardinals -- Large Cardinals and Forcing -- Saturated Ideals -- The Nonstationary Ideal -- The Singular Cardinal Problem -- Descriptive Set Theory -- The Real Line -- Selected Topics -- Combinatorial Principles in L -- More Applications of Forcing -- More Combinatorial Set Theory -- Complete Boolean Algebras -- Proper Forcing -- More Descriptive Set Theory -- Determinacy -- Supercompact Cardinals and the Real Line -- Inner Models for Large Cardinals -- Forcing and Large Cardinals -- Martin’s Maximum -- More on Stationary Sets.
- Other format: ; ISBN: 3-540-44085-2
- Electronic books.
- Set Theory has experienced a rapid development in recent years, with major advances in forcing, inner models, large cardinals and descriptive set theory. The present book covers each of these areas, giving the reader an understanding of the ideas involved. It can be used for introductory students and is broad and deep enough to bring the reader near the boundaries of current research. Students and researchers in the field will find the book invaluable both as a study material and as a desktop reference.
Holdings information at the University of Surrey
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of Surrey