The ancient Near East c. 3000-330 B.C. Volume 1 / Amélie Kuhrt.
- Kuhrt, Amélie 1944- [author]
- Abingdon, Oxon : Routledge 1995
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. From c. 3000 BC to c. 1200 BC -- 2. From c. 1200 BC to 330 BC.
- Print version :: ; ISBN: 9780415167628
- still image
- https://bibliu.com/users/saml/samlLeeds?RelayState=eyJjdXN0b21fbGF1bmNoX3VybCI6IiMvdmlldy9ib29rcy85NzgxMTM2NzU1NTUyL2VwdWIvb3BzL3hodG1sL2NoMDBfZm0wNV9jb250ZW50cy5odG1sIn0%3D ; View this book online, via BibliU, both on- and off-campus
- The Ancient Near East embraces a vast geographical area, from the borders of Iran and Afghanistan in the east to the Levant and Anatolia, and from the Black Sea in the north to Egypt in the south. It was a region of enormous cultural, political and linguistic diversity. In this authoritative new study, Amelie Kuhrt examines its history from the earliest written documents to the conquest of Alexander the Great, c.3000-330 BC. This work dispels many of the misapprehensions w ...