Provenance research in book history : a handbook / David Pearson.
- Pearson, David 1955- [author]
- New and revised edition.
- London New Castle, Delaware : The Bodleian Library ; Oak Knoll Press 2019
- The first edition was published in 1994.
- "This new edition follows the structure of the original, but has been completely rewritten, with a mostly new (and enlarged) set of illustrations."--Page ix.
- "Major new edition"--dust jacket.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Inscriptions, mottoes & other manuscript additions -- 3. Bookplates & book labels -- 4. Book stamps & stencils -- 5. Bookbindings & external features -- 6. Sale catalogues -- 7. Catalogues & lists of private libraries -- 8. Provenance indexes to libraries -- 9. Heraldry, palaeography & tracing owners -- 10. Works on provenance, book collecting & private library history -- Appendix. Mottoes used by individual book owners.
Holdings information at the University of Warwick Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
More details about: University of Warwick Library