Fabliaux or tales / abridged from French manuscripts of the XIIth and XIIIth centuries by M. Le Grand, selected and translated into English verse. With a preface and notes.. [Vol.I].
- Legrand cit. 1737-1800.
- Fabliaux ou contes du XIIe et du XIIIe siecle. English.
- Fabliaux ou contes du XIIe et du XIIIe siècle. English
- London : printed by W. Bulmer and Co. ... Sold by R. Faulder ... 1796
- In this edition there is no "Vol. 1" at end of the title.
- Dedicatory verses by the translator are signed: G. L. W. [i.e. Gregory Lewis Way]; the preface and notes are by G. Ellis.
- With wood engravings drawn and designed by John Bewick.
- Referenced by: ESTC t012203
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|University of Manchester Library: John Rylands Library: George C. Johnson Collection|
|University of Manchester Library: John Rylands Library: Special Collections|
|National Trust Libraries: Cherryburn||With engraving of a knight and lady pasted onto leaf opposite title page with MS inscription "Now, Fare thee well, Lady Cunsabelle, For I must be gone [.]". Provenance: manuscript inscription: "GM[??]W" on flyleaf. Borden collection 8.1. Binding: Early nineteenth-century sprinkled calf; gilt-rolled; rebacked in morocco; spine gilt-lettered: "Fabliaux Le Grand". For enquiries or access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org|
|National Trust Libraries: Cherryburn||Remnant of earlier shelfmark (B3) on pastedown. Provenance: Borden collection (8). Nineteenth-century bookplate on front pastedown: Walter Blake. Binding: Nineteenth-century mottled calf, gilt-rolled and with double gilt fillets to form borders; gilt tooled on spine; green spine labels: "Fabliaux or Fables"; marbled endpapers. For enquiries or access, please contact email@example.com|
|National Trust Libraries: Saltram||Shelved with vol. 2 (1800). Provenance: Bookplate: Earl of Morley (pasted over earlier plate). Binding: Red, grained morocco, gold filets, gilt edges. Uniform with vol. 2. For enquiries or access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org|