Fabliaux Or Tales, Abridged From French Manuscripts Of The XIIth And XIIIth Centuries By M. Le Grand, Selected And Translated Into English Verse, By The Late G.L. Way, Esq. With A Preface, Notes, and Appendix, By The Late G. Ellis, Esq. A New Edition, Corrected. In Three Volumes. Vol. I. (- III.) -
- London : Printed For J. Rodwell, (Successor To Mr. Faulder,) New Bond Street, By S. Hamilton, Weybridge, Surrey. 1815
- Vol. I: , xli, , 223,  p.: illus. - Vol. II: , 272 p.: illus. - Vol. III: , 304 p.: illus.
- The illustrations are unsigned. The printer's name is repeated in the colophons.
- Vol. I: [T.p.] - Sonnet To G.E. (by G.L.W.) - Sonnet To The Rev. H.T.P. (by G.L.W.) - Preface - Advertisement - [Catch title, 'Fabliaux Or tales, Of The Twelfth And Thirteenth Centuries. Vol. I.'] - [Text] - Notes; [colophon]. - Vol. II: [Half-t., t.p.] - [Text] - Notes; [colophon]. - Vol. III: [Half-t., t.p.] - [Text] - Notes - Appendix - Glossary; [colophon].
- Bewick, Thomas 1753-1828 [source artist, draughtsman, wood-engraver]
- Bewick, John 1760-1795 [draughtsman, engraver]
- Way, Gregory Lewis -1799 [translator]
- Ellis, George 1753-1815 [editor]
- Le Grand d'Aussy, Pierre Jean-Baptiste 1737-1800 [compiler]
- Hamilton, Samuel 1799- [printer]
- Rodwell, James 1809- [publisher?]
- Rodwell, John 1812- [publisher?]
- Referenced by: J. Uglow, <I>Nature's engraver: a life of Thomas Bewick</I> (2006) ; N. Tattersfield, <I>John Bewick</I> (2001); <I>A memoir of Thomas Bewick written by himself</I>, ed. I. Bain (rev. 1979); S. Roscoe, <I>Thomas Bewick: a bibliography raisonnée</I> (1953/R1973).
- Pictorial works - Illustrated books - Wood engravings - Great Britain - 18th century - 19th century.
- Tales, French - French poetry - Fabliaux - France - History - 12th century - 13th century.
- Translations into English - Translations from French - Great Britain - 18th century.
- Scope and content: Each volume is decorated with a title-page vignette, headpieces and tailpieces. The book had first been published in 1796.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|